Wednesday, July 6, 2011

to recycle in Grimdox

Before you get any cute ideas, I'm not going to be talking about sustainability and the like. As much as I support it all, my title is trying to refer more to recycling in the sense of internal personal recycling.

Uh oh, Rick's about to go on another one of his philosophical/psychological tirades...hold on to your tits and balls, it'll be fine. I'm going to try and keep this as practical as possible.

I guess this will be going off of my last post with regards to wanting to "make my brain work more efficiently" (or however I worded it). Well, in trying to make my mind a more respectable place to spend time in, I figure I should "clean up" its junk. By "clean up" I of course mean recycle. Or, at best, re-purpose. And by "junk" I mean the stuff I had mentioned that, otherwise, never sees the light of day. To this end, I'm going to attempt to explore other forms of "creativity dump." But I would like to find a way to "dump" that would actually serve a meaningful purpose to me; like art. I guess when I say meaningful, I also mean like a portfolio; or something.

So I've been meaning to get back in to writing for a while now, and more than just little ideas and stuff. I mean I want to get back in to creating worlds and people and situations. I miss that. My problem is that when I have an idea of something I would like to create in written form, it changes in the middle of my attempting to write it. Which reminds me of physics and how much I wasn't particularly good at it. But anyway...yeah. I think what I should do to at least help alleviate some of that difficulty is to just carry a notepad with me (which I think would be good form for anyone). I try to take my camera with me everywhere, just in case; but it's really only for those moments that you would normally wish you had a camera for and didn't. I need to start looking around for ways to better express creativity through my surroundings. Even if what I do has nothing, in particular, to do with the "junk" in my head, I think it'll be healthy to seriously explore as many creativity dumps as I can manage. Especially in these times of...nothing.

"Nothing" as in I have too much free time. Work finally called me for some time next week; but who knows if that will be the only time they call me all Summer. So needless to say, I'm looking for some ways to help explore and initiate some self-improvement. And I figure the most effective, and satisfying, way to explore self-improvement is by trying to recycle some of my "junk" and buildup in to creative expression.

One form that I've been trying to keep up on, and keep interesting, is my youtube channel where I try to post weekly videos of some things I found interesting to me.

Another is this blog, doing the same, but in written form; allowing for me to provide a more literal ocmmentary of my life and things.

I also have a private blog for personal things; because if anything is important to keep in good health, it's the personal stuff.

So, in the future I hope I'm not afraid to explore more interesting ways to express myself. I am, of course, open for ideas.

Take care,

No comments:

Post a Comment